Pillar Lead Profile
Mrs. Mary Omondi Olute
EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
- M.A–Policy in Governance and Administration -Moi univ
- M.A–Sociology – UON
- BED ,ARTS – UON
- Dip,Counselling-Amani Counselling center.
- Strategic leadership development programme -KSG
- Dip,Education Adminitration& management – Leeds univ Britain
- Certificates in Ed Adm& management- Japan, KESI,
- Certificates in women Empowerment- Unesco; Directorate of Human Resource management , kenya
- CECM- ED,Youth Affairs, Gender and Social Services -Siaya County
- County Director of Ed-NRB
- PDE – NRB
- Secretary general,kenya National Commission for Unesco
- Senior Deputy Director of Ed.
- Deputy Director of Ed .
- Secretary, Teachers Appeals Tribunal
- Chief Admin officer-TSC
- Senior Staffing officer-TSC
Pillar Lead Profile
EASTER ELIZABETH OKELLO
PhD Candidate in Development Studies- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
Masters in Development Studies- Institute for Development Studies (IDS): University of Nairobi
Bachelor of Education (Arts)
Senior Principal Administrative Officer – In charge of Research Department of Education Youth Affairs and Social Services in Siaya County
Lecturer Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)
Senior Teacher (TSC)
Treasurer Sega Teacher’s Welfare Association
Treasurer Sabaki Bidii Women Group
Treasurer Sabaki Water Association
Putting in place regional and county climate change governance frameworks in all the 14 counties is the flagship project of the pillar.
The Pillar has played a key role in the implementation of the regional climate change governance project with support from Department for International Development (DFID) through Christian Aid, a member of the ADA consortium. The project aims to put in place climate change governance frameworks in the six participating Counties of Bomet, Kakamega, Vihiga, Nandi, Kisii and Kisumu. So far, vihiga County has enacted a climate change law which is now operational while the rest of the remaining Counties are at various stages of implementation.
The Pillar has also come up with its strategic objectives to guide its operations and has developed a work plan for implementation of the planned activities.
Water, Environment and Climate Change Pillar focusses on sustainable management of environment and natural resources within the Bloc. It has come up with the following objectives;
- Developing and implementing the Bloc’s Climate Change mitigation and resilience actions, including supporting the Bloc’s negotiations on climate change at regional level and formulation of Bloc’s Climate Change Strategy
- Enhancing capacities of Member Counties to access timely environmental, natural resources, and climate change information for policy and decision-making, and development planning.
- Coordination of efforts to combating land degradation. This will involve bringing together key actors and partners at various levels for a concerted action.
- Advancing the Bloc’s Water and Sanitation agenda, in terms of implementation of the summit’s commitments on Water and Sanitation.
- Facilitating the formulation and implementation of regional weather and climate services plans to enhance weather and climate service delivery for sustainable development through cooperation among member counties in collaboration with the Kenya Meteorological Department (KMD)
- Formulation of the Regional Strategy on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and and developing a Programme of Action (PoA) in line with the Sendai Framework for Action and National Disaster Risk Strategy.